Table of Contents
The majority of online experiences involve search
of online experiences begin with a search engine.
of all website traffic comes from organic search.
of global traffic comes from Google Search, Google Images, and Google Maps.
What is SEO?
SEO stands for search engine optimization, which is a set of practices designed to improve the appearance and positioning of web pages in organic search results. Because organic search is the most prominent way for people to discover and access online content, a good SEO strategy is essential for improving the quality and quantity of traffic to your website.
Google cares about E-A-T
E-A-T stands for:
Read this article to know more about E-A-T and how it works:
- SEO is ongoing and cumulative. There is no silver bullet or quick fix.
- SEO is not a short term tactic, it’s a long term strategy.
How does content rank in search engines
Build discovery(crawling) and relevance(indexing) by creating lots of high quality content on the topic you want to be known for.
Build authority(ranking) by getting lots of high-quality links to your website.
The search engines' bots 🤖 role:
- Discover your content by crawling it.
- Decide how relevant your content is by indexing it (based on signals like keywords).
- Rank your content in search results based on your site SEO authority.
How do you determine authority?
- The content is talked about a lot.
- The content is referred to a lot.
- The content is cited in other works (Similar to getting backlinks).
Maslow's hierarchy of SEO needs
SMART goals are:
- Specific: Well-defined, clear and unambiguous
- Measurable: With specific criteria that measure your progress toward the accomplishment of the goal
- Achievable: Attainable and not impossible to achieve.
- Realistic: Within reach, realistic, and relevant to your life purpose.
- Time-bound: With a clearly defined timeline, including a starting date and a target date. The purpose is to create urgency.
What are KPIs?
Key Performance Indicators are the critical indicators of the progress toward an intended result.
Important indicators to consider:
- Organic Traffic
- Keyword Ranking
- Conversion Rate
- Bounce Rate
- Page Load Time
- Backlinks Built
Website's SEO authority
Measuring authority comes down to link volume and quality.
What is a backlink profile?
A list of all the sites currently linking to your website (Including how they are linking to it and which pages they are linking to)
What does a backlink profile measure?
- The number of inbound links to your website.
- The number of unique domains that link to your website.
- The quality of those links.